Small-sensor + Long lens combo, is the Nikon 1 the best choice?

Started Jan 28, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LifeIsOnTheWire
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Small-sensor + Long lens combo, is the Nikon 1 the best choice?
Jan 28, 2014

Hey everyone. I am really intrigued by the effect of using the Nikon 1 + FT1 adapter, and a long/fast lens to achieve really long focal lengths, using lower-cost (and faster) lenses.

I had a chance to play with a Nikon V1, with a 50mm 1.8g lens, and it was fantastic having a 135mm f/1.8. I cant help but think how nice an 85mm, or 70-200 2.8 would be. A 35mm 1.8g DX would be a great portrait lens (considering you are only using the centre of the frame anyways)

Are there any other cameras that use a common lens mount, with a small sensor? I'm a Nikon fan, but I don't want to have to use a lens mount adapter, and the Nikon V1/V2 don't have good enough manual controls for my taste.

I know the only people that are going to agree with me are bird-watchers, and private detectives... but I think it would be great if Nikon would make a camera with a CX sensor, and an F-mount (instead of having to use an adapter), and give it some decent manual controls.

Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 (Lumix DMC-FT1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow