Small-sensor + Long lens combo, is the Nikon 1 the best choice?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LifeIsOnTheWire
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Small-sensor + Long lens combo, is the Nikon 1 the best choice?
8 months ago

Hey everyone. I am really intrigued by the effect of using the Nikon 1 + FT1 adapter, and a long/fast lens to achieve really long focal lengths, using lower-cost (and faster) lenses.

I had a chance to play with a Nikon V1, with a 50mm 1.8g lens, and it was fantastic having a 135mm f/1.8. I cant help but think how nice an 85mm, or 70-200 2.8 would be. A 35mm 1.8g DX would be a great portrait lens (considering you are only using the centre of the frame anyways)

Are there any other cameras that use a common lens mount, with a small sensor? I'm a Nikon fan, but I don't want to have to use a lens mount adapter, and the Nikon V1/V2 don't have good enough manual controls for my taste.

I know the only people that are going to agree with me are bird-watchers, and private detectives... but I think it would be great if Nikon would make a camera with a CX sensor, and an F-mount (instead of having to use an adapter), and give it some decent manual controls.

Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 (Lumix DMC-FT1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow