Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 2,458Gear list
Like?
Re: Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?
In reply to Robgo2, 6 months ago

Robgo2 wrote:

As the old saying goes: It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future. Nevertheless, I will go out on a limb and predict that when EVFs become as clear and responsive as the best LCD screens and mirrorless autofocus approaches DSLR speed, there will be little reason for anyone to prefer SLRs other than a personal preference for OVFs. I have no idea when that day will come, but I would bet it is much closer than most people think.

Rob

I  think you are right but i also have a prediction. I predict this is a personal war for some of these guys and they will never switch over because to them, that is admitting they are wrong. How many people on here alone do we see spouting nonstop inadequacies of mirrorless? How will they feel if a year or two later, they are holding one? It will be like todays film enthusiasts, clinging to a retired technology with obvious disadvantages all the while claiming they like the "feel".

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow