The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
britcam
Senior MemberPosts: 2,191Gear list
Like?
Re: The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....
In reply to Ayoh, 11 months ago

Ayoh wrote:

sgtsween wrote:

The XT-1 is basically what I would love to see Pentax do. Mirrorless with an excellent EVF. APS-C would be just fine but FF would be even better.

I keep telling myself to wait and see what Pentax comes out with this year. Am I in for a good surprise or am I missing the Fuji boat?

For reference I have a K-5, K-01, Q, AND Fuji X100. I love Pentax, and feel like waiting to see what is in store this year but the XT-1 is darn near perfect.

Thoughts? Friendly advice or rumors of what this year may bring for Pentaxians?

Fuji camera seem impressive on paper but have you actually used one? The XE-1 for instance has irritating slow and inconsistent AF, laggy and stuttering EVF in moderate light which also pixalates significantly during AF, loud shutter, slow recording speed, no ability to shoot RAW files above 6400 ISO, poor battery life, weak flash, flimsy controls and SD card cover... I could go on.

Usability issues such as these do not seem to come across in the reviews and are lost in the hype of the admittedly attractive retro design of the cameras, and the quality Jpeg files.

Based on my negative experience with not Fuji paying attention to the details, I doubt the XT-1 addresses all these camera issues at once.

Their marketing department sure is ambitious - worlds fastest AF? ..yeah right.

Then I doubt you have used an X-E2, or even an X-E1 with latest firmware, which according to users, transformed AF performance and dealt with other issues. One thing that Fuji does do is to listen to users and take on board improvements.

I have the X-E2, and AF is plenty fast & accurate enough, and the XT-1 will no doubt have the same or better performance.  Until other lenses emerge, and remember that the XF lens range & roadmap is emerging rapidly, sports & birding is better suited to a DSLR.

On the X-E2 at least, the issues you raise do not exist, and to give an accurate picture it pays to compare current models and not past models.

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
Rich S (britcam)

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X-E1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-A1 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow