X-T1 looks mighty interesting, what do you think?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
perry rhodan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,224Gear list
Like?
Re: Switching systems is like getting a divorce...
In reply to Ejvaccaro, 6 months ago

Ejvaccaro wrote:

perry rhodan wrote:

What do you think of the new X-Fuji? Looks very tempting to me. Was getting ready to buy the EM1 kit, now still waiting for the final specs and test of this new X-trans miracle. Missing any TTLW-flash is not good, EVF and IQ and AF look superb.

And: no I'm not trying to troll here. Have some nice MFT's from Oly already.

Kind regards Perry

I have a significant investment in MFT given bodies & lenses. Moving to a new platform would require that is a quantum leap over what I am currently using. It would have to have significantly better IQ, rock solid motion tracking AF, superior low light performance, etc... Additionally, I am not ready to give up the portability of the MFT system.

At the end of the day, it's like a divorce - you walk away from what you know. You give up everything you have. You wind up with less than half of the value, and you're wading into the deep end of the great unknown. Only rarely does it meet you expectations.

Hehe, done that, been there, a dozen times. When a new body or glass pops up that really attracts, I want it. Letting go of the "old" stuff is very easy especially if you bought it with a very sharp eye. Letting go via the second hand site's (in Holland) like markpl@@ts is easy and value stays very high. So missing out around 30 % (around 7-800 €) each year on a new kit is acceptable (to me). Sometimes the wait is 4 weeks, but not much more.

Should try to get a second job as a camera tester LOL !

Kind regards Perry

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow