The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Gary Martin
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,091Gear list
Like?
Do we really want ANOTHER Pentax lens mount?
In reply to sgtsween, 9 months ago

sgtsween wrote:

The XT-1 is basically what I would love to see Pentax do. Mirrorless with an excellent EVF. APS-C would be just fine but FF would be even better.

I keep telling myself to wait and see what Pentax comes out with this year. Am I in for a good surprise or am I missing the Fuji boat

So, we want a full-frame K-mount camera for our FA Limiteds and older glass; then of course we have our DA lineup for APS-C; and then there's the Q system; and then there's the 645D mount.

And so now we want to add an all new, mirrorless mount to the mix? Sounds like a prescription for failure to me. If you like the Fuji so much ... buy the Fuji. Personally, although the Fuji system looks appealing, I think all these mirrorless systems (Sony, Olympus, Panasonic, Fuji) have too many players already, and there's going to be a lot of red ink with at least one or two of them.

Gary Martin's gear list:Gary Martin's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow