Going back to DSLR...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
biza43
Senior MemberPosts: 2,039Gear list
Like?
Re: Going back to DSLR...
In reply to Al Downie, 8 months ago

Photography these days is part of the big consumer electronics market, like it or not. As such, people tend to think about cameras as disposable "stuff" that get obsolete as soon as it is launched. It is not easy to beat this tendency...

If you want to develop your photography, you need to buy a camera and one lens, and just learn it and use it for a prolonged period of time. Forget about the newer camera around the corner, just use what you have, take some courses, workshops, attend exhibits, read books from photographers whose work you admire, etc, etc.

These days, I have trimmed my photo gear to a bare minimum, and according to what I shoot: landscapes with the XE1 and 14mm lens; portraits and landscapes with XE1 and Voightlander 75 1.8 lens; and travel and people with the EOS 6D and 50 1.4 lens. This is what I am comfortable with.

Some of you may argue that the 6D is "too big and heavy", to which I respond: really?? I carry it in my shoulder bag, together with my laptop and bits and bobs. And IMO, the 6D is the best "travelling" DSLR, light, small, unobtrusive, GPS, Wi-Fi, simply perfect. Oh, and it is cheaper than the new XT1 wonder...

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow