Going back to DSLR...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
whiteyblack
Regular MemberPosts: 163Gear list
Like?
Re: Mistake
In reply to liquid stereo, 6 months ago

liquid stereo wrote:

I think your mistake was thinking/assuming/believing/suspecting that these mirror-less cameras can replace a DSLR for anything resembling sports, wildlife or telephoto shooting. They absolutely cannot. Not now. I'm not sure what all the full-frame nonsense is about.

The stability you speak of comes from knowing your photographic/imaging needs. Good luck with the D800.

The Nikon V1 & V2 can do sports. In spades. It's AF is absolutely DSLR-class; not quite D4 or D800, but close. It's IQ is as good as a D200. For birding it's better because you can use Nikon F-mount glass with a 2.7 crop factor. It's weakness is high ISO IQ. It's not a PRO sports camera, but it's an excellent choice for most people.

If you want ONE system to do it all, you still need a DLSR. After I experienced the V1, I knew I no longer needed my D300 (which is outdated IQ-wise anyway) so I chose Fuji for portraits, landscapes, low light, b&w, and street. And I have the V1 for action and telephoto. And I don't have to lug around a DSLR anymore.

If you don't mind the size and weight, the D800 is one of the best cameras ever built.

whiteyblack's gear list:whiteyblack's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon 1 V1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow