Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fotohouse
Regular MemberPosts: 301Gear list
Like?
A77 AF Micro Adj Question
7 months ago

Okay I have adjusted for all of my Minolta/Sony Lenses but in the manual it states that using this feature with 3rd party lenses may have negative effects on the values recorded for non 3rd party lenses.

The question I have is directed at A77 Users who have adjusted for their lenses:

1) have you tried to micro adjust for 3rd party lenses?

2) if so did this effect all non 3rd party lenses or just the ones with similar attributes, i.e Sony 50mm f1.4 and Sigma 50mm f1.4 etc.

3) if attempting to micro adjust for 3rd party lenses and experiencing negative effects did clearing the settings for all lenses allow for re-entering values of non-3rd party lenses.

Background info, I have only one 3rd party lens at the moment that will be mated up with the A77 (Tamron 10-14) so right now micro adjust on 3rd party is not really all that important to me as with wide angle the DOF is so wide and that lense is usually stopped down to f8-f16.  I do plan on getting the Tamron 150-600mm when it is available in the a-mount and that lens will probably benefit from AF micro adjust is it is possible

Thanks

John

Fotohouse's gear list:Fotohouse's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +7 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow