The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
yudi
Regular MemberPosts: 402Gear list
Like?
Don't follow FUJI.
In reply to sgtsween, 11 months ago

Fuji XT-1, again, for $1299?!

The Fuji is selling less and less yearly, because they like to price the cameras for over $1000 always. Thinking about $1299, I like my K01 better. Assume not raising the price much, Pentax only need to

1. Make K01 thinner to have the handgrip more comfortable to hold.

2. Add a EVF so that it is more useful in sunny days.

If making more powerful AF, titled LCD, ... for K01, the price could be little bit more higher.

The classical looking is not necessary. Frankly speaking, I like the looking of K01. It did attract attentions when I was traveling. No need to make a fancy mirror-less at this moment, maybe in three years, considering DSLRs are still dominate the camera market.

Just improve the K01 to make a complementary light camera for K3 & K5IIs, and attract more entry-level users for K-mount. if PENTAX wants to continue doing BUSINESS.

I believe that Pentax is exploring new designs of a new mirror-less camera. However, first of all, they should make K3 selling better. A light K-mount mirror-less like K-01 definitely could help.

yudi's gear list:yudi's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow