The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Daedbird
Regular MemberPosts: 140
Like?
Meh.....
In reply to sgtsween, 11 months ago

What makes sense for Pentax?

Does making a new mirror less lens mount, and designing all-new lenses make sense, when the market is saturated with Fujifilm, Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, and Olympus already with growing lens systems and mirror less bodies? No.

My thought would be to build a mirror less body with a m4/3+ mount, the + being a special mount that has a passthrough power outlet. This would power a new adapter that would make K-mount lenses completely functional. I would also place an APSc or something larger than a m4/3 sensor in the thing. Therefore, you get to utilize the m4/3 lens system, and people do not think buying proprietary lenses could be a waste.

As far as my list of priorities if I was running Pentax:

1. Flu Card - Get that wireless setup done with already

2. Update FA* lenses - DC motors, weather-sealing. Those would go to

3. FF Pentax - Call it the K-3F and put the 24mp full frame sensor in it

4. Weatherize all the Limited lenses - seals all around

5. Weatherize all lens options - lets just do it, so we can claim every product we sell is sealed

6. 645II release - Cram UHD recording into it. Even with a 30min buffer, people would go wild.

7. Release K60 - mic port, high frame-rate for slow motion video

8. Release K4 in October - The K4 shoots 4K, get it?

9. K-02 - This competes with Black Magic - a slimmer version of the original with live HDMI output for a monitor, headphone jack, improved SR, Flu card capable

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow