So why don't people ever talk about the 4/3 aspect ratio?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Kim R
Forum ProPosts: 17,884
Like?
Billy
In reply to billy pictura, 7 months ago

billy pictura wrote:

Hi Pic Man:

Read your comment on aspect ration, wanted to ask you why you think M4/3 would not be good for printing large prints?

About to take the dive into the Omd Em1 and want to print up to at 20x30's or a little larger at times.

thanks,

Billy

"Print really big" is a very abstract term & I am not answering for Pic Man and his definition of "prints really big" may be different and larger then 20x30.

Edit - I just saw Pic Man's reply after initially posting this ... and now we know that he was referring to other sizes as "really big".

You can print 20x30s from the OMD EM-1 and they can be wonderful images. I print and sell near such sizes and my clients go "Wow." My printer's limit @ 17" wide but not 30" in length. I print even from the E-5 and E-3 at 17" x 30 and can make prints that pop (even from crops at times). Granted sometimes my file is re-sized in Perfect Resize 7.5 before print. than again sometime not (as with other post processing that is image dependent).

I have no doubt in my mind that the 20" could be printed from the EM1 & look great too (if my printer allowed that width).

-- hide signature --

_
( ' >
/ ) )
//'~ KimR
'The very fact that I find myself in agreement with you other minds perturbs me, so that I hunt for points of divergence, feeling the urgent need to make it clear that at least I reached the same conclusions by a different route.'
http://upload.pbase.com/image/73987816.jpg

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow