Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Blair777
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Where to start- D610, Df or D800
10 months ago

I am in the process of moving to Nikon from Sony.  I have been using an A850 and A700.  I have been reading and handling the above three cameras for the past month or so.  Each week or even each day my mind changes.

I had thought that I had decided on a Df but I am unsure about the lack of a second card slot and not sure about 16 mp having had 24 mp with the 850.

The D800 is very attractive but the FPS is not quite as fast as I would like.

Right now I am thinking D610 and buy some good Nikon lenses.  If I want to upgrade in the future I can upgrade the camera.

I shoot only for my own pleasure.  Motosports a couple of times a year, wakeboarding and water skiing perhaps 10-15 per year and some travel photography.  I do very little with a flash and no video.

My lenses to start will be a Nikon 24-70, Nikon or Tamron 70-300 (thanks to all those who advised me on another thread), Nikon 70-200 2.8 and later a Nikon 80-400 and likely a 90 or 100 macro lens.  Perhaps a 200 prime later as well.  I am working to replicate what I had with Sony.

I have learned a lot reading the various discussions here so any guidance would be appreciated.

Blair777's gear list:Blair777's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Nikon D610 Nikon D800 Nikon Df Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DfNew
D610New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow