Help - volunteered to photograph a wedding

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Shaun_Nyc
Senior MemberPosts: 2,272Gear list
Like?
Re: Help - volunteered to photograph a wedding
In reply to WIMorrison, 10 months ago

WIMorrison wrote:

I have have been volunteered by my wife and daughter to photograph a family wedding and whilst I am a competent photographer weddings - in fact people photography is not my sceene as you can see from my website.

does anyone have some good suggestions - other than pay someone to do it for me - that might help me along the way and stop me making a complete idiot of myself ending up with average photos which is not what they expect.

many thanks for any hints and tops you send my way

-- hide signature --

Iain Morrison LRPS CPAGB
wimorrison.co.uk

I could probably type for an hour giving tips but you need a plan for the day's moments before talking gear. Even having a shot list from the couple wont cover everything that should be covered. Bride groom get ready, many combinations of family shots, make sure multiple shots for the eye blinkers during families etc. Determine if you/they want a first meet scenario. Empty reception room shots, table details etc etc , ring exchange, first kiss. first dance, find time for some romantic couple shots, watch your backgrounds !..etc etc etc bla bla bla You could really use a 2nd who has done this.. I don't recommend this at all especially if the couples expectations are high and you haven't shot a single wedding

Shaun_Nyc's gear list:Shaun_Nyc's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D50 Nikon D3 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow