Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mlipscombmtl
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Persistent dust on sensor
7 months ago

I recently had my camera's sensor professionally cleaned at a camera store, only to find when I got back in the field that most of the spots I'd originally gone to have cleaned where in fact still there--and one in particular was as bad as ever. I brought it back to the store and they admitted there were still some spots. They did an extra good courtesy clean and handed it back to me. I figured they'd nailed it this time--after all they do double check--left and thought nothing of it until I got back in the field only to notice that all the dust spots and especially the big one were still intact. I called back up the store and they hummed and hawed and proclaimed that they never promised to clean every spot, and that if they'd cleaned it twice and there were still spots this was either somehow my fault for having let dust in the sensor again, or that perhaps the camera was damaged in which case all they could do is send it back to the manufacturer.

Can anyone provide me with any advice on how to handle this? I know the guys at the camera store do their best and are competent, and I also know that I did not let dust back onto my sensor. So my question is given that these spots are persistent, is this something I'm just going to have to live with? Is this to be expected from a camera I use a lot and for many years now? Is it a question of just having it cleaned several times, or cleaning more aggressively? Will sending it back to the manufacturer possibly provide me with a solution?

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matthew

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow