Help - volunteered to photograph a wedding

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
wasserball
Senior MemberPosts: 2,362
Like?
Re: Help - volunteered to photograph a wedding
In reply to WIMorrison, 7 months ago

WIMorrison wrote:

I have have been volunteered by my wife and daughter to photograph a family wedding and whilst I am a competent photographer weddings - in fact people photography is not my sceene as you can see from my website.

does anyone have some good suggestions - other than pay someone to do it for me - that might help me along the way and stop me making a complete idiot of myself ending up with average photos which is not what they expect.

many thanks for any hints and tops you send my way

-- hide signature --

Iain Morrison LRPS CPAGB
wimorrison.co.uk

Let me understand. You established yourself as a competent wedding photographer, than you go on to say that you are nervous about the whole idea "making a complete idiot of myself", "end up with average photos which is not what they expect". Now, which is it? Are you competent or not? How may weddings have you done? Let see your competency. Thank you.

Regardless of what your family think. Do not convey your lack of skill to them. Rather, plan things out. List the formals shots you want to take, which depends on who is coming. Be authoritative and direct them what to do.  Have fun.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow