EXR Confusion not fully resolved

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,407Gear list
Like?
Re: the data is there when it should be, and not when it should not ...
In reply to Timur Born, 6 months ago

Timur Born wrote:

Lightroom, Silkypix support both M and L size images, with and without DR. Last time I checked (and remember) CaptureOne only supported M size and did crash if the image was already binned by the camera. On the other hand CO had the best implementation of EXR DR of the three. It's been quite a long time since I did that comparison, so things may have changed for CO and Silkypix, last time I checked LR still had the issue of turning highlights from the clipped half of the X10 sensor towards purple tint.

The 2/3" sensor is poorly supported for RAW. I have not noticed that specific issue, but I have noticed that getting images to look sharp is much more difficult than it should be. To me, it is never worth shooting the 2/3" sensor in RAW, as the JPEG engines often do a better job than can be accomplished with Lightroom.

On the other hand, the XTrans and 1/2" EXR sensors do not suffer that problem in my experience.

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow