B&W Photography

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ultimitsu
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,442
Like?
Re: B&W Photography
In reply to Lord Mox, 6 months ago

Lord Mox wrote:

In the last few weeks, I've been thinking of buying a second camera as a back up to my main one. I am not a professional nor will ever be (lack the creative talent, and have a decent career that I love).

If you are not a pro, why buy a "back up"?

So, for a camera that will be used mainly (about 90% of the time) for black and white, what are your recommendation? I am asking in Nikon forum, because I will be using Nikon glass. I have 5 of those currently and my main is d600.

Or may be, I should approach the question from a different angle. Does black and white photography requires different features (e.g. dynamic range, resolution etc...) than color? What should be my focus in trying to find a suitable b&w camera?

There is only one camera sort of made for black and white, it is a Leica M9 variant. all other digital cameras have no native black and white support. i.e. without CFA. Basically you just pick whichever camera that is best at coloured image, it will be equally good for B&W

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow