Can you see color? How well? Test!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
interesting!!
In reply to chris102, 8 months ago

chris102 wrote:

I've done this test a few times over the past few years. My worst score was eleven hundred something, my best was 173. I'm what they call a deuteranope, meaning I have no M cones in my eyes. Interestingly I see a full spectrum, but they are not the colors you (well, most of you) see.

-- hide signature --

I thought the highest (lowest) score you can get is 100? anyway, interesting! I didn't know how many different types of color deficiencies there were! I see all colors, but my color discrimination in greens is the worst! I can tell green from any other color in an instant because any other color is, well, in-your-face compared to green! My color discrimination inside greens is just low, meaning I'm not very good at telling one green from another (I'm not terrible at it either, like my low score suggests, but it's the only area where I have a problem!) I see green as a definite color (ie not half-gray half-color or anything) although some darker greens seem more monochromatic, like really dark grays with a bit of green color mixed in, more so that with other colors. Interestingly, I see more colors/hues elsewhere in the spectrum that I find hard to find names for (or have to invent names for), because some of them aren't apparently discerned by other people. (No, I'm not a tetrachromat, not that many more colors!)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
hahaNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
738New
(unknown member)
4New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
187New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow