The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
fakuryu
Senior MemberPosts: 1,008Gear list
Like?
If I was in the market for a new camera or system...
In reply to sgtsween, 8 months ago

sgtsween wrote:

The XT-1 is basically what I would love to see Pentax do. Mirrorless with an excellent EVF. APS-C would be just fine but FF would be even better.

I keep telling myself to wait and see what Pentax comes out with this year. Am I in for a good surprise or am I missing the Fuji boat?

For reference I have a K-5, K-01, Q, AND Fuji X100. I love Pentax, and feel like waiting to see what is in store this year but the XT-1 is darn near perfect.

Thoughts? Friendly advice or rumors of what this year may bring for Pentaxians?

I would definitely give the Fuji XT1 a long hard look (no matter how huge the EVF is, I still don't like it as much as a proper OVF). I don't know how it performs but paper spec wise, looks like a smaller K3 to me with an excellent 16mp X trans sensor (I always wished that the K3 stuck with the excellent 16mp sensor).

Fuji also has a lot of excellent lenses in their stable, looks like the Fuji primes are on par with Limiteds which I love and Fuji has the best JPG SOOC out there and I will be happy shooting JPG with it the whole day.

Fuji XT1, 35mm f1.4R and the 56mm f1.2R and I'm all set but not really enough for me to leave my K5II and my primes.

-- hide signature --

There is no such thing a "Pro" level gear, just Pro level work.

fakuryu's gear list:fakuryu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Pentax K-r Pentax Q Pentax K-5 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow