Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Graham Hill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,355Gear list
Like?
Re: HDR the easiest fix
In reply to ellioto1, 6 months ago

ellioto1 wrote:

I have the d800 and d3. The thing that I always miss and is the easiest fix in the world, is To have a more robust exposure bracketing for HDR....Being able to bracket one stop on each side is worthless.

I laugh every time I read this complaint.  Yes, I agree with you completely and said so very early on when the X100 was just a few days old.  Back then I was savagely attacked by the Fuji "faithful" who said more exposure bracketing was just a substitute for my "poor" technique.

I had just bought an HDR program and wanted to use it but found that the limited exposure bracketing made the results less than satisfactory.

Perhaps if such complaints were heard in the spirit of improvement, we'd have such capabilities now.

They should have at least 3+ and -3, preferably 4 and 4. They would also be king of the hill, if you can do -2, 0, +2 a five stop bracket with three shots.

Right now the d800 and the magnificent 14-24 is the best hdr combination. With the fuji upcoming 10-24 lens and even the 14mm, I wouldn't have to bring the d800 with.

IMHO, this is many, many multiples more important an issue, easy to fix in firmware and would have the #1 biggest incentive for HDR guys to move over. Fuji I hope you are listening.

The biggest obstacle to improvement of the X cameras are the people who shout down the others who ask for improvements.

Thanks,

elliot

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow