Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Always on and DR for example
In reply to PerL, 8 months ago

PerL wrote:

bigpigbig wrote:

PerL wrote:

bigpigbig wrote:

Sure there will be naysayers.

But I really believe that the mirrorless camera will replace the DSLR (eventually).

First, the EVF will get better and better and better and better. Eventually, it will be like looking through the lens like an OVF only better. Is it there yet, no. But the X-T1 is one step closer.

.005 second lag. Surely, that looks live.

.77x view with 38 degree diagonal view.

Secondly, AF-C 8 fps predictive auto focus that works. (Well it sure appears to)

This is still one shooting demand that normally makes me grab the DSLR. I am hopeful the X-T1 really does take over this need.

So what is left...

Well, you tell me.

How long does the battery last if you leave the EVF in "always on" mode?

Good point. That will ALWAYS be an advantage for OVF.

And you have the DR issue.

That should improve with time, but is a restriction. Of course the "exposure" can be shifted in the EVF so although it can't be seen at once, it can be "slid" back and forth.

And lets see how well the AF-C works. I think this is the third or fourth time the term "the world fastest AF" is used with a new EVF based camera.

Agreed. I am optimistically hopeful. The samples Rico posted look pretty convincing.

Are you referring to these?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25805910@N05/sets/72157640158298025/

I would want to see something more challenging, more like these samples.

Any camera could get those.

It's more about the rate of keepers and the reliability and ease in getting the shots. Random photos of something in motion really doesn't mean jack.

There is a reason you don't see mirrorless cameras at the olympics, or soccer games etc

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow