Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chrisada
Regular MemberPosts: 125Gear list
Like?
Help with trimming my MFT kit
9 months ago

I'm a previous owner of a Panasonic GF2. Now, my main and only camera is a Panasonic GX7.

The following are MFT lenses I have accumulated over the years, which I need to trim down as it is not possible to take everything with me while travel. Listed in the order that I got them.

• Panasonic 14mm F2.5
  • Panasonic Leica 25mm F1.4
  • Panasonic 45-150mm F4-5.6
  • Olympus  9-18mm F4.0-5.6
  • Panasonic 14-140mm F3.5-5.6
  • Olympus 45mm F1.8

The ones I know I want to keep for sure are the last 3. (Oly 9-18 for wide landscape, Pana 14-140 for a single-lens walkaround, and Oly 45mm for portrait and my 3-year-old daughter, mostly indoor)

• The pana 25mm F1.4 had served me really well, mainly for indoor shots and for my daughter. But I find myself reaching for the Oly 45mm more and more, as I am allowed to be at a farther distance from her and capture a more 'natural' shots as result.
  • The Pana 45-150 is completely replaced by the new 14-140.
  • The Pana 14mm is the only pancake, so it might be useful sometimes. (But that never really happened in the past few months)

Should I sell all 3? Keep the 25mm?

On my wish list are

• Olympus 12mm f2 for a fast, wide lens. But the focal length and aperture are not that different from Pana 14mm, so I am hesitant.
  • Olympus 75mm f1.8 - For the amazingly sharp pictures. But I need to make sure I am comfortable with the focal length.

Or should I go for one of those f2.8 primes? The reason I have not are their prices and weight.

Help!

Chrisada's gear list:Chrisada's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow