X-T1 looks great but.....

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
David V
Senior MemberPosts: 1,006Gear list
Like?
Re: X-T1 looks great but.....
In reply to LWS2013, 11 months ago

LWS2013 wrote:

why did they put that same old sensor in it, they really should have developed an update 21 or 24mp sensor, I wouldn't buy an X-T1 because the sensor is likely to be replaced with in a year.

This is no different to the Nikon DF using the same sensor as the D4, the D4 sensor isn't great and caused many Nikon users to switch over to Canon

This really wasn't a surprise to you, was it? The intel on this camera has stated all along that it was the same sensor as the X100S and X-E2. I too want a 24MP Fuji with the same ISO performance as their current camera and already own the X100S and X-E2, so I will probably sit this one out, as I don't necessarily need the extra frame rate or weather sealing at this point.

The current 16MP Fuji X sensor is excellent and they have done a great job on their lense lineup so far, so I feel Fuji is headed in a great direction.  I think they need to direct some focus to their lighting system now.

David V's gear list:David V's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow