The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....

Started Jan 28, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,640Gear list
Re: The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....
In reply to sgtsween, Jan 28, 2014

sgtsween wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

sgtsween wrote:

The XT-1 is basically what I would love to see Pentax do. Mirrorless with an excellent EVF. APS-C would be just fine but FF would be even better.

Why Pentax? They're a traditional SLR brand...

I keep telling myself to wait and see what Pentax comes out with this year. Am I in for a good surprise or am I missing the Fuji boat?

If you're looking for an X-T1, go for it (but you haven't missed the Fuji boat, since it was barely announced)

For reference I have a K-5, K-01, Q, AND Fuji X100. I love Pentax, and feel like waiting to see what is in store this year but the XT-1 is darn near perfect.

Thoughts? Friendly advice or rumors of what this year may bring for Pentaxians?

More DSLR products.

Good points, but why can't they do both? Neither the Q nor the K-01 look like traditional SLR's to me. This may sound completely absurd, but if Pentax released a Q lookalike with EVF and APS-C or FF sensor I'd be smitten. I do ove the Marc Newson "brick" though.

I don't think they have the capacity to work on the K-mount, and launch a 4th mount (camera plus lenses). They're a small camera manufacturer, yet they have more mounts than any other.

The K-01 is K-mount, and the Q is some short of interchangeable lens compact (they probably outsourced some stuff, e.g the toy lenses to make things easier)

At the end of the day I get the most control with my K-5, though soooooo.

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited HD Pentax DA AF 1.4X AW Rear Converter +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow