Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
PerL
Forum ProPosts: 12,649
Like?
Always on and DR for example
In reply to bigpigbig, 9 months ago

bigpigbig wrote:

Sure there will be naysayers.

But I really believe that the mirrorless camera will replace the DSLR (eventually).

First, the EVF will get better and better and better and better. Eventually, it will be like looking through the lens like an OVF only better. Is it there yet, no. But the X-T1 is one step closer.

.005 second lag. Surely, that looks live.

.77x view with 38 degree diagonal view.

Secondly, AF-C 8 fps predictive auto focus that works. (Well it sure appears to)

This is still one shooting demand that normally makes me grab the DSLR. I am hopeful the X-T1 really does take over this need.

So what is left...

Well, you tell me.

How long does the battery last if you leave the EVF in "always on" mode? And you have the DR issue.

And lets see how well the AF-C works. I think this is the third or fourth time the term "the world fastest AF" is used with a new EVF based camera.

And lets see if there is no "slide show" effect when the camera shots series at the highest speed while the processor is working with AF, exposure etc

Can we please not mention FF or larger sensor. I'd really like to know what is left as an advantage for DSLR?

Also, can we please try hard to keep this civil?

Maybe even refrain from judging others opinion and just state our own.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow