Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
howielenny
Contributing MemberPosts: 719Gear list
Like?
Re: Two more nails in the DSLR coffin...what is left?
In reply to bigpigbig, 8 months ago

For professionals there is still a better lens selections for sports/wildlife and the auto focus is still better with professional dlsr's over mirror less at the moment. The longest auto focus zoom that can be used at present is the 55-230mm and that has a pretty slow speed so this area definitely needs to be addressed.  It's good that Fuji are actually doing something about the wider end of the lens selection as well. Also in the lens department there aren't many third party manufacturers making fast auto focus lenses for Fuji which can and will put some people off buying into the system.
I've just bought my first Fuji (XM1) and really enjoying it at the moment. My main camera is the Nikon D7100 which I love. I'm actually waiting for either the xpro-1 or xe-2 to eventually drop then I'll invest more into Fuji. The XT-A does look great but at the price it's coming out (and it's probably worth it) I'll be waiting a while yet before I get it.
There is certainly a market for both dslr and mirrorless systems and it'll be interesting to see over the next few years how this will all pan out.

howielenny's gear list:howielenny's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow