The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
sgtsween
Regular MemberPosts: 386Gear list
Like?
Re: The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....
In reply to Lars Holte, 8 months ago

Lars Holte wrote:

dpreview seems to want to compare the Fuji X-T1 to DSLRs like Pentax K-3, and I can see where they are going with that. To some degree it seems a valid comparison. Physically, there is a resemblance. There is even a "mirror housing".

What are the advantages of the Fuji X-T1? First and foremost more compact and nearly half the weight. However, these two advantages will mean less when combined with long or heavy lenses. Combined with small primes it could be a quite light-weight and compact package, but then the mirror housing seems an odd choice that ruin some of the compactness.

And the disadvantages: much poorer viewfinder and probably some small lag.

If you use the comparometer and put the X-T1 next to the K-3, the K-3 seems a much better option - at least to me.

-- hide signature --

Lars H

Great point about how compact advatnage diminishes with larger lenses. I guess I'm basing my Fuji experiance with the fixed lens X-100. XT-1 might be small, sure, but not "pocketable" or even compact with a larger lens. And as much as I like EVFs, it can't really compare to OVF. And I have yet to experiance the K-3's (larger?) viewfinder. Points go to Pentax with this argument.

sgtsween's gear list:sgtsween's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-01 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow