extremely affordable 4k (aka UHD) 28" displays coming as companion to your MP or rMBP

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,538Gear list
Like?
Re: extremely affordable 4k (aka UHD) 28" displays coming as companion to your MP or rMBP
In reply to williamio, 7 months ago

williamio wrote:

can anyone confirm that if I were to use a 4K @ 60Hz, I need 2x HDMI ports to drive that kind of bandwidth or 1x display port 1.2?

I know for sure 1x dp port 1.2 can do that, but not sure about 2x HDMI ports.

I need 60Hz, not 30Hz.

Thanks,

@W

forget about 2x HDMI on a MAC - simply because no MAC currently have 2 x HDMI.

From the OS X side that should be easy because you could combine a bigger array of screens but I am not aware that there is any UHD Display out that could use that kind of signals.

I would exclude dual-HDMI as a viable solution.

(I could eb wrong here)

DP 1.2 will definitely work and most current MACs have that and lot's of GPUs as well

you can have a look here

btw - in Europe you have to pay import taxes on HDMI ports - thart's also the reason why you'll find only a limited number of HDMI ports on monitors to allow a lower sales price

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
if you start to fight with a pig you'll end up mud-wrestling - the only difference is the pig will like it

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow