The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,593Gear list
Like?
Re: The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....
In reply to sgtsween, 11 months ago

I obviously haven't seen a Fuji XT1 in the hand or any images yet, but I agree that it seems to offer great design.  They've really got a lot right.  I will buy a mirror-less camera sooner or later for travel but I'm waiting and watching and sitting on the fence at the moment.  All I can say is that there are some very good designs coming out  There's probably never been such choice - it's a good time to be a photographer.

Should Pentax offer another mirror-less and should it be like the XT1?  I don't know.  A lot of people here have debated what they might do, and those threads have covered speculation about staying with APSC DSLRs, going FF in both DSLR and mirror-less, and a few other ideas too.  No-one here really knows and Pentax are tight-lipped about their future.  Personally I think they'll have to offer APSC and FF in DSLR designs and eventually mirror-less too.  They were stung by the K01 experience, but perhaps we'll see them re-enter the mirror-less market later this year - they need something to replace the GXR.

Regards, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow