Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
davewyman
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
How it Take Manhattan - Wide Angle with a NEX
8 months ago

Long ago, an advertisement for Soligor lenses that appeared in Modern and Popular Photography magazines claimed that a couple of their sharp zooms would let any photographer "take Manhattan." Those recommended zooms stretched from 24mm to 200mm. I've never forgotten that ad. And I've always believed that I don't need a multitude of focal lengths to make photos that I like.

Over the past several years, I've tried my own hand at photographing NYC. On my last visit, which ended today, I mostly used one zoom, 10-15mm, on my NEX-7. I tried to bring my own style, storytelling and viewpoints to the endeavor. Here's a look at some of the images I'm returning with to Los Angeles after a day of frigid photography in the Big Apple.

Main Concourse, Grand Central Station

The Chrysler Building in reflection.

Public library reading room.

Smoking break.

davewyman's gear list:davewyman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D300 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D600
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow