Why Scott Kelby really switched to Canon

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Sante Patate
Senior MemberPosts: 3,976
Like?
Re: Why Scott Kelby really switched to Canon
In reply to photomagic711, 9 months ago

photomagic711 wrote:

backup exactly!! Redundancy!! Last thing you want to tell a client is sorry corrupt card lost all your images. Back in the day when I shot with d700, I never shot more than 100 photos on one card. Yes it was a pain shooting a wedding with 10 cards but it was worth peace of mind. With Dual slot cards, I PUT two 64gb cards in and never have to worry.

Most "corrupt" cards are due to user error, like turning the camera off while a file is still writing to card, or not formatting cards.  If dual cards are being used to copy the same file, many errors will affect both.  Dual cards mostly protect against one card being lost or physically damaged after the photographs are taken, which is great, but hardly the greatest risk a photographer runs.

But, fine, the Df is not the ideal camera for wedding photographers or anyone else who really must have two card slots.  That does not make it "not a pro camera", which was the point being made.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow