The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
sgtsween
Regular MemberPosts: 399Gear list
Like?
Re: Next for Pentax is to be Pentax
In reply to Zvonimir Tosic, 11 months ago

Zvonimir Tosic wrote:

The XT-1 is basically what I would love to see Pentax do. Mirrorless with an excellent EVF. APS-C would be just fine but FF would be even better.

I keep telling myself to wait and see what Pentax comes out with this year. Am I in for a good surprise or am I missing the Fuji boat?

For reference I have a K-5, K-01, Q, AND Fuji X100. I love Pentax, and feel like waiting to see what is in store this year but the XT-1 is darn near perfect.

Thoughts? Friendly advice or rumors of what this year may bring for Pentaxians?

Already talked about it here thousands of times.
All K-mount lenses would be wasted then and new lenses made for a new mirrorless mount.
Pentax will never do that.

On the other hand, a proposition you ask for offers an ultimate irony; for Fujifilm clearly wanted a camera that looks like a DSLR and handles like one, (and no doubt, that sells like a DSLR) and you want a mirrorless camera that doesn't act like a DSLR and doesn't use existing lenses.

Let's leave this aside as no agreeable conclusion is possible. Let Pentax do what Pentax does best, and let Fujifilm continue whatever suits them.

-- hide signature --

Zvonimir Tosic

“A portrait is not made in the camera, but on either side of it.”
— Edward Steichen

Thank you for your opinion.

sgtsween's gear list:sgtsween's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-01 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow