The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Ayoh
Regular MemberPosts: 157Gear list
Like?
Re: The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....
In reply to sgtsween, 9 months ago

sgtsween wrote:

The XT-1 is basically what I would love to see Pentax do. Mirrorless with an excellent EVF. APS-C would be just fine but FF would be even better.

I keep telling myself to wait and see what Pentax comes out with this year. Am I in for a good surprise or am I missing the Fuji boat?

For reference I have a K-5, K-01, Q, AND Fuji X100. I love Pentax, and feel like waiting to see what is in store this year but the XT-1 is darn near perfect.

Thoughts? Friendly advice or rumors of what this year may bring for Pentaxians?

Fuji camera seem impressive on paper but have you actually used one? The XE-1 for instance has irritating slow and inconsistent AF, laggy and stuttering EVF in moderate light which also pixalates significantly during AF, loud shutter, slow recording speed, no ability to shoot RAW files above 6400 ISO, poor battery life, weak flash, flimsy controls and SD card cover... I could go on.

Usability issues such as these do not seem to come across in the reviews and are lost in the hype of the admittedly attractive retro design of the cameras, and the quality Jpeg files.

Based on my negative experience with not Fuji paying attention to the details, I doubt the XT-1 addresses all these camera issues at once.

Their marketing department sure is ambitious - worlds fastest AF? ..yeah right.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow