Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Godfrey
Forum ProPosts: 27,503
Like?
Re: aperture equivalence and the E-M1's power switch
In reply to William Porter, 9 months ago

William Porter wrote:

Daniel Wee wrote:

Why don't I just try turning the E-M1 on without looking? Well, I also have my lens cap off on my lenses and swinging my hand to the camera will likely get my prints on the glass. This has happened a few times and I try to avoid this as much as I can. As such, turning on the E-M1 is slightly more involved than turning on the a7, which hardly requires any shift in attention.

As I said, all my comments were minor. (I used the word "quibble".) You said that you found the location of the power button to be a problem; I am simply saying that I don't, that in fact I like the location of the power button on the left of the E-M1. I admit that I do worry a bit about battery conservation, but only a bit. The solution for me is to carry an extra battery. But it's not a big deal. We're all different with different preferences.

As for prints on the glass: This is one of the several reasons I always have a lens cap on my lenses.

Your last point, I don't really get. I had no problems controlling the a7 camera. I was referring to the fact that the EVF display was rather cluttered compared to the one on the E-M1.

Actually, I didn't have a last point here. I was asking a question. In the A99, just about all the info in the EVF could be turned OFF. I was asking you, is that not possible with the A7? Or are you saying that you want the info but because the fonts are bigger or something, you simply find the A7's EVF harder to look at?

I have never put my eye to the EVF of an A7, so I simply don't know.

Will

Seriously, I'm not sure I see any difference between the two EVF displays the way I have the cameras configured. The only thing I found cluttered on the A7 at first was the two axis level, bug I've grown to like it. I use the E-M1's style two EVF display .. It looks very very similar to how I set up the Sony.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow