Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,143Gear list
Like?
Re: DXOMARK.com, did you notice
In reply to Joseph T Lewis III, 6 months ago

Joseph T Lewis III wrote:

Joel Stern wrote:

Not one m43 lens gets a good rating, no matter what body it was tested with. What's with that?

-- hide signature --

If i am typing on my iPad, please excuse any typos.

Are you saying that by comparison, all lenses other than m4/3 score much higher? (Honest question, not trying to be a smarta--.) Reason I ask is that I just played around with DxOMark and it didn't look like m4/3 lenses scored poorly at all. See below:

Random DxOMark Lens Comparisons

Another, with Carl Zeiss Lens Added

I admit that I did not go out and look at every single lens in their entire database, but the ones I spot checked didn't seem to score significantly higher than m4/3rds. In fact, several were lower (some significantly so).

-- hide signature --

Tom

Tom, I looked at a lot of the lens scores, Nikon and the top Canon lenses had really high scores and all others pretty low. If we look at a scale and a lens only gets half way or 1/4 way from the bottom to me that is a poor score. I would hope a lens and camera combination would score at least at the 66% and above level, but that was not what I saw. I am just scratching my head, and of course they do not rate any Fuji X sensor cameras so no lenses, that would have been interesting. Some of the lenses for Sony Nex cameras did well....that was a surprise but I do not keep up with Sony.

Here I selected a Panasonic body and 3 very popular m43 primes, take a look at the scores.

http://www.dxomark.com/Lenses/Compare/Side-by-side/Panasonic-LUMIX-G-20mm-F17-II-ASPH-versus-Sigma-60mm-F28-DN-A-Mount-43-versus-Olympus-MZuiko-Digital-ED-45mm-F18___1195_0_1103_0_532_0

-- hide signature --

If i am typing on my iPad, please excuse any typos.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow