Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
brownei
Forum MemberPosts: 53
Like?
Re: here is a ultrashort review
In reply to Ed Gill, 7 months ago

Ed Gill wrote:

Joachim,

Nice little review. My only issue is with the format comment. First the G6 like most m4/3 cameras offers 16:9 format as well as 3:2 and 4:3. Why 4:3? Actually makes a lot of sense when you consider standard print sizes of 8x10, 11x14, 16x20. Far less cropping than 3:2 and much easier to frame shots tightly when planning for 8x10 or 11x14 prints. The sensor area difference between APS-C and 4/3 is trivial in these common crops.

-- hide signature --

Ed Gill

interesting thought Gill and very similar to I had back in film days when the manufactures were looking "another camera". I suggested the standard 35 mm frame be shortened to 8:10 formant and we would get another 6 (think ???) photos per 36 exposure film. Instead they went with those stupid aps (??) cameras and we (minilab owners) HAD TO BUY more gear. That was about the time I saw the writing on the wall for mini labs; and me.

The 8 x 10 is my favourite photo size; can be displays in a small frame on the desk or with lots of others on the wall; can be held in the hands and looked at, can be framed in an over size frame (16 x 20 ) as an arty thing or can be easily filed safety away to help the memory many years later.

-- hide signature --

Cheers IanB
I'm always right most of the ti...umm.....some of the time. ......Yeah, OK occasional right.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow