Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Gary Eickmeier
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,447
Like?
Re: The a7 Review
In reply to riveredger, 8 months ago

riveredger wrote:

Beaverhelmet wrote:

If you like me owned both cameras, you would be embarrased right now. The A7/A7R are far from flawless. Their ergonomics and solutions may not suit everybody, but versatility and image quality are their main forte. I will keep my A77 for its snappyness and better ergonomics for long tele lenses, but when it comes to sheer image quality, my A7R and even the NEX-7 beats it quite easily.

Beav, I don't doubt you if you have carefully examined images from both, but could you elaborate on that, or show examples of why you say that? I am getting such great results from my 77 that I can't imagine improving on perfection. I can pixel peep all the way to the altar from a balcony shot and see every face in the orchestra in a wide shot of the full church. Everything is razor sharp and great color, no noise up to ISO 1600.

-- hide signature --

Gary Eickmeier

No noise up to ISO 1600 with an A77?

Sorry, but you have lost your credibility now.

Are you dodging the question? Then YOUR credibility is on the line.

The 1600 figure is the commonly accepted one for the a77 noise problem, and in fact is probably pretty close for most digitals. I have seen many posts here with beautiful pix at 1600 and above.

This has become a particularly nasty group since I last tuned in. What is going on out there?

-- hide signature --

Gary Eickmeier

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow