Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
tcg550
Contributing MemberPosts: 800
Like?
Re: Let's create a Semi-Pro Forum
In reply to PenguinPhotoCo, 7 months ago

PenguinPhotoCo wrote:

Joe Pa wrote:

I've never been sued, no one I know has ever been sued, but many on here will still make it seem like this is a major threat, reality is it's not likely to happen but you should be prepared in case it does.

Great for you.

I've been sued by a contractor that did the drywall on my studio - he screwed things up, I fired him, and he sued me because he wanted paid for completing the job..that wasn't even 1/2 done.

I sued a former employer for back wages when he quit paying me (and everyone else too)

I'm being sued now because a car stopped in front of my house and got rear ended - she says my dog was GOING to run into the road so it's my fault. (homeowners is covering this)

Had my car hit a few years go. Totaled the car, ambulance ride for me and my passenger, he spent a night in the hospital. Car insurance paid it all less $500 deductible.

I know 4 photographers that have been sued by clients (probably avoidable, but it happens)

I know 3 people whose houses have burned in the past 5 years.

My wife's secretary's car went up in flames 2 weeks ago on the side of the hiway (electrical fire - she had just had the alternator replaced by a local garage...think he needs insurance??????)

My assistant went through a car wash and it damaged her rim and tire - $1250 in damages. The car wash insurance company paid.

Call up ANY homeowners agent in the NE US and ask about burst pipes and coverage. Report back here what they tell you.

Now if your camera gear is damaged by the frozen pipe and ensuing water damage is it covered????

-- hide signature --

Don't seek advice from someone who is not where you want to be - CJ Lewis
My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value

Except for the 4 photographers that were sued (I would love to hear why) all the other stuff has nothing to do with business insurance for a photographer.

Please note, I am not saying you don't need business insurance but none or those issues would be resolved by having business insurance. They are all personal insurance issues. Except the 4 photographer law suits.

And remind me not to get too close to you. You really seem to attract doom and gloom.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow