Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
nandbytes
Senior MemberPosts: 3,781Gear list
Like?
Re: The a7 Review
In reply to riveredger, 11 months ago

riveredger wrote:

Beaverhelmet wrote:

If you like me owned both cameras, you would be embarrased right now. The A7/A7R are far from flawless. Their ergonomics and solutions may not suit everybody, but versatility and image quality are their main forte. I will keep my A77 for its snappyness and better ergonomics for long tele lenses, but when it comes to sheer image quality, my A7R and even the NEX-7 beats it quite easily.

Beav, I don't doubt you if you have carefully examined images from both, but could you elaborate on that, or show examples of why you say that? I am getting such great results from my 77 that I can't imagine improving on perfection. I can pixel peep all the way to the altar from a balcony shot and see every face in the orchestra in a wide shot of the full church. Everything is razor sharp and great color, no noise up to ISO 1600.

-- hide signature --

Gary Eickmeier

No noise up to ISO 1600 with an A77?

Sorry, but you have lost your credibility now.

I think he added one too many zeroes lol

But seriously yeah! Even A99 has noise at 1600.

nandbytes's gear list:nandbytes's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony a77 II Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow