Starting a business specializing in portraiture

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
tcg550
Contributing MemberPosts: 852
Like?
Re: Definitions please
In reply to PenguinPhotoCo, 9 months ago

PenguinPhotoCo wrote:

I didn't read your reply because it was too complicated for a second grader.

Business isn't rocket science but does require more aptitude than just reading the funny papers.

If you find it boring and can't read it then you are likely not gonna be able to learn what it takes to succeed in business.

Accounting IS boring (IMO). Sweeping up the studio, cleaning lenses, doing backup - also BORING.

And yes, reading how to run a business is probably boring to most folks too.

But if you can't figure out how to account for your money, what your costs are, what to charge, profits, losses, etc then you are severely handicapped when it comes to managing a business.

It's YOUR money, YOUR business, YOUR investment, YOUR future. If you find that too difficult or too boring...well, keep your day job then.

You can of course hire a manager of some sort - but can you pay them? Not in the early stages for sure. And if you don't know a debit from a credit a manager may take you to the cleaners. How many artists, musicians, actors have had managers and ended up broke?

-- hide signature --

Don't seek advice from someone who is not where you want to be - CJ Lewis
My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value

I know how to run a business. I wasn't asking for advice.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow