ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kodachromeguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 571Gear list
Like?
1949 Summitar lives again - Baton Rouge examples
11 months ago

Dear Leica users,

I recently had my father's 1949 50mm f/2 Summitar lens cleaned and collimated by Sherry Krauter in New York.  This one is pristine with perfect front coating.  Via a Fotodiox M39-Fuji X adapter, I've been testing it on my Fuji X-E1.  The historic Sweet Olive cemetery in Baton Rouge was a great test site. The light was overcast and soft and there were many textures and shapes. I used a tripod for all frames and processed the RAW files with PhotoNinja. Using f/8-11, the results are amazing for the 60-year-old lens.  It has a lot of field curvature; for example, if I focus mid-distance in the center, the grass in the left and right foreground will be in perfect focus also.  Regardless, it's fun to use old lenses - new life for an old family friend.  I still have a lot to learn with the B&W conversion in Ninja, but so far the RAW conversion of the Fuji files is excellent.

Sweet Olive Cemetery, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2014

Sweet Olive Cemetery, Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Sweet Olive Cemetery, Baton Rouge, Louisiana

-- hide signature --

The Kodachromeguy

kodachromeguy's gear list:kodachromeguy's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow