Muted prints... Is it my RGB profile?

Started Jan 22, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 1,013
Re: Muted prints... Is it my RGB profile?
In reply to Truman Prevatt, Jan 27, 2014

Truman Prevatt wrote:

I didn't see the post with the printer. Another question what paper are you using? What is the underlying color of the paper - warm, neutral or cool. How bright is the paper? Are you using a matte paper or a some sort of semi-gloss or glossy paper? Compare that to the type of paper the lab is using. Matte paper can be a little muted in areas with "bright colors."

I have a 3800 and print mostly B & W. I usually print matte - Photo Rag bright white. If I print color I use a semi-gloss or glossy paper.

charley5 wrote:

Sorry, I mentioned that in a previous post. I am using the Epson 3880. My monitor is calibrated. I have been using the manufacturer's ICC profile, and I have posted everything on the printer forum as well. The issue is why my prints appear to be more muted (neutral colored) than the lab prints?

-- hide signature --

Hi Truman: I am using Canson Platine Fibre Rag, which is semi-gloss, and pretty white. I was using a warm bamboo paper but thought it was effecting my blue tones. As it turned out, the blues look washed out on both papers (compared to the lab print)...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow