Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
golf4food
Regular MemberPosts: 257Gear list
Like?
Re: Help - volunteered to photograph a wedding
In reply to WIMorrison, 11 months ago

Hum.  I am sure you know this but here goes:

1.  Shoot Raw!

2.  Keep it simple on the Family shots!  One light over the camera with an umbrella will make sure that the family shots are great.  Do not try to over think the family shots!

3. You will find that at the reception, you will use more wide angle lenses.  The couple wants to see the room in addition to the guests!

4.  Shoots lots of closeups of the decorations and details!  Closeups of the flowers, guest book, bride's jewelry and shoes, groom's ring, bride's ring, center pieces at the reception, the cakes.   Details are VERY important to get.

5.  Lots of faces of the guests at the reception.  The couple want to see the people.

6.  Shoot your creative candids at the reception, not the ceremony as much.  The ceremony moments can be quick, try to miss as little as possible because of your equipment.  On camera flash is ok!  I use a Gary Fong LightSphere and LOVE it for on camera flash at weddings.

7.  Get a good shot of the couple leaving!

8.  DO NOT forget to shoot images of the bride and groom together without anyone else!  It is best to do this before the ceremony if you can get them together.  Make sure that they are wearing their rings!

That is my quick list!  Make sure that your batteries are charged!

Good Luck!  Hope this helps some...

Kevin

golf4food's gear list:golf4food's gear list
Nikon D610
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow