Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PAUL TILL
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,212
Like?
HS50
8 months ago

I actually found a couple of shops that had the HS50 on the shelf today and to my surprise the EVF was quite usable...BUT, on both units (in separate shops) I could feel the air rushing from the lens through the EVF when zooming out from full zoom (like someone blowing on my eye ball).

Is this normal (HS50 owners)? Why has no one mentioned it before, I found the only way to stop it was to zoom really slowly. It felt like having one of those tube things they use to blow up balloons in front of my eye, I found it most disconcerting..!

It felt OK in the hand, the lens was a bit stiff on both models and being display units I thought they would have been worn in. Auto focus worked, but was no quicker than anything else on the shelves (indoors). Write times were painfully slow though using the internal memory.

It felt as well built as the TZ72 & HX300 although I thought they focused slightly quicker indoors, it was only that air rushing through the EVF that stopped me from giving it a go.

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:
You Must Be 10% Smarter Than The Equipment You're Operating

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 (Lumix DMC-TZ7) Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HS50New
labe MOD
labe MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow