Starting a business specializing in portraiture

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
PenguinPhotoCo
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,143Gear list
Like?
Re: The Math Matters!
In reply to tcg550, 11 months ago

tcg550 wrote:

So profit is always cash then? Yes or no?

Profit is what is left after ALL expenses. Need it be in cash? I guess not, but you, as a business, need a set of books, right? How do you record the bartering?

And if you trade a session for a bushel of pepper how do you measure the profit? In calories?

I traded senior pictures for a side of beef. How does either of us (customer or me) what a fair trade is?
They sell beef at $2.60 a pound and gave me an invoice for 312 lbs of meat. I took that amount off my bill, they paid the balance in cash.

If you trade housecleaning then what is that worth? If you have them $300 in services,it must be worth $300 (to them, to you).

If you were paid $300 cash what would your profit be? It's the same in barter isn't it?

-- hide signature --

Don't seek advice from someone who is not where you want to be - CJ Lewis
My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value

PenguinPhotoCo's gear list:PenguinPhotoCo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow