D800/e users...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
3sgilbert
Senior MemberPosts: 1,041Gear list
Like?
Re: D800/e users...
In reply to Al Downie, 9 months ago

Thanks very much to everyone for their comments. On the strength of this advice, and reviews of the ergonomics & handling of the D610 and the D800, I placed an order last night for the D800, the 85mm f1.4G, and the 16-35 f4G. I'm holding off on a standard lens until Sigma releases their new Art lens and the dust settles.

It was a tough decision! If only the D800 had the D610's sensor. Of all the cameras I started looking at, I think the D610's sensor is the one I'd have preferred, but the other arguments for the D800 made me finally jump on that side of the fence.

Cheers,

Al

Honestly I would prefer the d610 sensor in my d800e for what it was intended for as well....When my d800 messed up I seriously considered a refund and buying the 610 but I just can't give up the d800 body...A smidge of high iso isn't worth going to the smaller body and I'll never under the infatuation with vendors making smaller bodies that need heavy pro lenses to shine....so d800e for me and it's literally 1-2 fps for being the literal perfect camera for me...
--
Shawn

3sgilbert's gear list:3sgilbert's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow