Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MtnGoatJoe
Regular MemberPosts: 317
Like?
APS Film Scanning Questions
6 months ago

OK, another APS film scanning thread. I've got 50 or so rolls to scan, and paying 29 cents per frame is a bit out of my league.

I've got an Epson v500, which produces very acceptable 35mm results for me, but I haven't figured out APS scanning yet.

A company called FilmScanUSA.net makes an APS adapter for $75, but I can't find any reviews, so I don't know how well it works.

They also offer an "ANR top glass (for problem film only)" for $55, but they don't have a description for what it actually is. Update: I contacted FilmScanUSA.net and they said, "Don't buy the ANR glass. It will not help images from low cost (v500) scanner."

So, three questions:

Does Epson Scan or VueScan support batch processing with APS film? Can each frame be detected automatically. I played with putting the APS film in the 35mm adapter, but I couldn't get Epson Scan to separate each frame like it does with 35mm film.

Any thoughts on the FilmScanUSA.net and/or their v500 APS adapter?

My APS film is very curled width-wise. My 35mm negatives were currled also, but this didn't seem to affect the scanning. The APS film seems to be curled more, and I'm wondering if this will be a problem?

Thanks,

~Joe

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow