ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dee50
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
D3 dilemma
6 months ago

Hi all

Am thinking of buying a used D3(been offered one in great condition with around 10k on the clock at a tempting price) but would appreciate some feedback and insight before pulling the trigger.

I currently use a D300 with grip (which has given me some wonderful photos in good light) but am looking for something with better low light capability up to around 6400 and better af acquisition and accuracy. D300, although great, not cutting it in the high iso department. This D3 could fit the bill as I have also been thinking of moving to FX for some time now.

Have also considered a D610 but might get frustrated with its auto focus capabilities if it can't keep up with the action. I know its image quality is excellent though and 24mp could be useful from time to time (especially for landscapes).

As regards image quality, is the D3 that much better than the D300? And if printing A4/A3 sizes, would I see noticeable IQ differences between the D3 and D610?

What I'm trying to balance here is my need for speed, low light capability, great af and excellent IQ without breaking the bank.

Any constructive feedback and insight much appreciated.

Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow