Forum ProPosts: 23,089
Like?
Re: While raising the same issue yet again does little
In reply to Photo Pete, 9 months ago

Photo Pete wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

Photo Pete wrote:

primeshooter wrote:

I wish I were one of the lucky ones. However, doesn't mean it is very real for many of us. Simply far too much smoke and noise about this issue for it to only exist on a couple of cameras.

I would have more sympathy with you raising the issue yet again if you posted a sample image (which does not need to be large) demonstrating an AF fault using AF sensibly.

As of now I make it 162 out of 162 posted images on this forum indicating they were not using AF sensibly.

If the issue existed in more than 1 or 2 cameras where are the examples showing this using sensible testing?

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Great images are often of good subjects.
If they are great images does what lens, body or technique was used matter more than the skill of the photographer?

Leonard

How many posts have you seen which demonstrate the fault doesn't exist using sensible testing?

...and how exactly should one demonstrate that?

Are you driving your car to a mechanic just to demonstrate that you are not having issues with it or you do it when there is a problem and you let them find the exact cause and let them fix it?

Or... if your car breaks down on the highway and everyone with the same type of car just passing you then you shout after them that "BEWARE, everyone has this issue you can't drive that car"?

Why are you talking about cars in a thread about Focus on a D800?

You don't want to answer, so that's fine, and in fact, it is a good enough answer to my question that instead of answering, you question my question.

There is a lot of aggression towards people who are having problems with focus on the D800.

I see the opposite. There is a lot of aggression towards people who DON'T have focus issues. All those are idiots, liars or have no clue, and I dare say that they are a HUGE majority.

Perhaps the ones who have problems should make some efforts in getting their problems fixed instead of wasting time whining about them.

Leonard has pointed out that no-one has demonstrated the faults by using sensible testing... as if that is a problem with their understanding or skill.

I don't always agree with what Leonard posts, and I have not checked his figures or the background of his statements, but I must say, so far I have not seen any evidence of real issues. I mean, sure, there may be INDIVIDUAL cameras with problems, but most of the so called "tests" I have seen confirms more of what Leonard is stating over and over than what these "testers" are trying to prove. Too bad that only a tiny minority of the testers really realize that they made mistakes in their tests and analyze the problems further and finally get back to confirm that THEY have done something wrong or misunderstood something, so there is no issue with THEIR camera. Too bad there are only very few who actually do something, send in their cameras to get it fixed and then come back here to confirm that it is fixed. Far too many people start tuning... and tuning... and tuning... and never getting it right, instead of sending in the camera to get it fixed.

So yes, Leonard is right, those who have AF issues should start with page 100 of the manual, read it and when they understand it they should conduct the AF tests the way Nikon advise to do and if they see problems, they should contact Nikon, send in the camera and get it fixed. Everything else is just inane, pointless whining, especially if the same person has done it for years and accepted 40% hit rate.

I am simply pointing out that, using the same criteria, no-one has demonstrated that their cameras work correctly either. Surely if the cameras work correctly that wouldn't be a problem would it?

That's nonsense. There are a countless number of images without any AF issues which should be enough of evidence about working cameras.

Let me repeat...

Are you driving your car to a mechanic just to demonstrate that you are not having issues with it or you do it when there is a problem and you let them find the exact cause and let them fix it?

Or... if your car breaks down on the highway and everyone with the same type of car just passing you then you shout after them that "BEWARE, everyone has this issue you can't drive that car"?

You see, the normal way is that if you have a problem with your car (or camera) you take it to a service station or a repair center and let them fix it. You describe the problem, they have the perfect, or the best tools available and the highest knowledge and they will fix it for you. BUT there can be cases in which it is too difficult to find a problem and they may ask you to demonstrate the problem and unless you can do that you will end up with no fix. You see, believe it or not, normally the person claiming to have problems must put up some evidence, not the opposite way around, and unless he/she can do that, all discussion about the problem is just pointless whining.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow