Shutter Shock: My ep5 is bad. Would an em5 do better?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 3,013Gear list
Like?
Re: Shutter Shock: My ep5 is bad. Would an em5 do better?
In reply to Mr Sincere, 8 months ago

Mr Sincere wrote:

So, I'm afraid I might stir up a hornets nest here, but here it goes...

I haven't read the thread yet, but i am guess you were doused with kerosene and burned alive.

I like to think I'm not too picky about sharpness, but almost every photo shot between 1/80 and 1/250 looked unacceptably blurry. If I was evaluating a lens, I'd return it without hesitation. Everything at 1/400 was tack sharp. Shots below 1/80 did pretty well too. Shot the same scene with my lx7 and d90, and those were nicely sharp also (to reassure myself it wasn't my technique).

This is the major issue, because that is one of the supposed strengths of Olympus, the IBIS. I've read so many people who chose Oly over X brand because the IBIS was so good, they could shoot in slower SS and not worry about camera shake. This is completely undermined when this issue arises, and there is no way to fix it. Being forced to raise SS with either ISO or aperture takes away that IBIS advantage, may as well use Canikon.

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow